Travel - would you go?

The current law makes it more difficult and inconvenient - but everyone who wants to travel will so.
In a free country laws usually merely make things more difficult and inconvenient to do. The idea is that most people just obey the law because it's the law.
I want to travel but I won't because as I don't have a valid reason to do so and therefore it's against the law.

Good luck with that.
Also Flights are still cancelled often enough - my colleagues flight to Spain was cancelled last month and she was able get squeezed on another one. For some countries you need now connection flights etc.
Who knows by summer the law might have been lifted as well.

In a free country laws usually merely make things more difficult and inconvenient to do. The idea is that most people just obey the law because it's the law.
I want to travel but I won't because as I don't have a valid reason to do so and therefore it's against the law.
Yeah but others have valid reasons. And then it is obviously not against the law. Especially all the Non-Irish do not want to be locked in here indefinitely.

Yeah but others have valid reasons. And then it is obviously not against the law.
Sure. The law is there to prevent people going on holidays. Getting cosmetic surgery shouldn't be counted as a valid reason as it's not essential.

Sure. The law is there to prevent people going on holidays. Getting cosmetic surgery shouldn't be counted as a valid reason as it's not essential.
The law is here to prevent it but still has enough legal loop holes which can be used. If tax law has legal loop holes to be used they will be used as well.
Some might it see it as immoral but that is highly subjective and the morality of the law can be argued as well... If the letter of the law if followed all is fine.

On your example with cosmetic surgery
Even that isn't always the case - e.g. after an accident or acid attack this should count as essential. But afaik the law even doesn't distinguish here on the medical procedures/appointments.

The law is here to prevent it but still has enough legal loop holes which can be used. If tax law has legal loop holes to be used they will be used as well.
Some might it see it as immoral but that is highly subjective and the morality of the law can be argued as well... If the letter of the law if followed all is fine.
Good example. If Revenue decide that the primary purpose of an activity is to evade tax then they will deem it to be tax evasion. You can cry all you like that you were in fact building a car park for sheep or that there was a very good reason for moving all that money around but if they say it's evasion then it's evasion.
If you say that you had an essential reason to travel but the Gardaí disagree and a judge concurs then it wasn't essential and you'll be prosecuted accordingly.

If you say that you had an essential reason to travel but the Gardaí disagree and a judge concurs then it wasn't essential and you'll be prosecuted accordingly.
I agree with that. It will be case by case. Some are getting fined - others are not fined - depends all on the circumstances, "evidence" presented, how that evidence is presented and in what mood the Garda is you meet.

I agree with that. It will be case by case. Some are getting fined - others are not fined - depends all on the circumstances, "evidence" presented, how that evidence is presented and in what mood the Garda is you meet.
Thankfully the Gardaí frequently use their discretion on minor matters.

Thankfully the Gardaí frequently use their discretion on minor matters.

On your example with cosmetic surgery
Even that isn't always the case - e.g. after an accident or acid attack this should count as essential. But afaik the law even doesn't distinguish here on the medical procedures/appointments.

When has an accident victim here ever had to go to the likes of Dubai for plastics? I'm afraid it's nonsense to suggest that might be a valid reason for international travel.

When has an accident victim here ever had to go to the likes of Dubai for plastics?

Depends on who is paying for it. If it’s an insurance company you stay at home or go to New York.
If you’re paying for it yourself you go to Dubai.

Depends on who is paying for it. If it’s an insurance company you stay at home or go to New York.
If you’re paying for it yourself you go to Dubai.

If it's essential, it'll be carried out in the state, and in Blanch for the serious cases.

I can't imagine myself sitting on a plane for over two hours wearing a face mask. Hot stuffy enclosed environment at the best of times.

I am not sure if those fully vaccinated will be allowed to not wear a mask on flights and how this might be monitored/implemented.

Anyone know if Ryanair have extended the life of their gift vouchers and replacement vouchers for cancelled flights?

I can't imagine myself sitting on a plane for over two hours wearing a face mask. Hot stuffy enclosed environment at the best of times.
The entire volume of air in the cabin is filtered through HEPA filters every 2-3 minutes. That's the same system that's used in a hospital operating theatre. It kills over 99% of viruses, including those 10-15 times smaller than Covid19. It uses an Ozone purifier along with the filters to clean the air. Basically an aeroplane is a low risk environment as long as other safety measures are followed.
The risk is infected people travelling to other countries, not people being infected on the plane.

Just shows you how our values have changed since a year ago, if these girls were exposed like that a year ago the media would have been called misogynistic for targeting them because they were young women going for cosmetic surgery. However because they chose to brake the most holy of holy's now "the covid" and "the quarantine" rules they have been tarred and feathered. It's then open season to ridicule them for going to Dubai for a breast enhancement,
This hysteria has been going on for a year now, the Italian rugby supporters, the Bulgarian fruit pickers, the dubs going to wexford, the barman in the Berlin bar, golfgate, etc etc.
Yes these girls were wrong but it was shocking to expose them like that as if they were violent criminals.

Reactions: mtk
them because they were young women going for cosmetic surgery.
Or they just booked an appointment like the many booking dental appointments in Spanish resorts with no intention of showing up just so they can have their holiday?

Just shows you how our values have changed since a year ago, if these girls were exposed like that a year ago the media would have been called misogynistic for targeting them because they were young women going for cosmetic surgery. However because they chose to brake the most holy of holy's now "the covid" and "the quarantine" rules they have been tarred and feathered. It's then open season to ridicule them for going to Dubai for a breast ***********,
This hysteria has been going on for a year now, the Italian rugby supporters, the Bulgarian fruit pickers, the dubs going to wexford, the barman in the Berlin bar, golfgate, etc etc.
Yes these girls were wrong but it was shocking to expose them like that as if they were violent criminals.
They deserved everything that came their way.
None of this would have happened to them had they remained here, they thought they were above the rules.

They deserved everything that came their way.
None of this would have happened to them had they remained here, they thought they were above the rules.

Worse than that really - even having travelled, nothing would have happened if they just accepted the implications. Or gone through the process to appeal. The reason they were in the news and the courts was because they essentially tried to a runner

Back