Travel insurance

shkyler

Just looking for travel insurance for my dad but he has a heart condition, any one know of companies that will insure him?
Thanks in advance!

Surely most of the off the shelf products will cover him just not for the pre-existing condition? Have you found that this is not the case when shopping around?

If he has VHI or BUPA I believe these will allow cover up to limited amount 50,000 euro. If he requires cover over this amount, the travel ins. co. will give him a quote but I know it will be very expensive. If he is travelling to the US he may be taking a bit of a chance by not insuring his condition.

Definitely VHI or BUPA (if they are still about) are the way to go if he has either policies. Otherwise try Blue Insurance, they might be able to do something for you.

He doesn't have either VHI or BUPA unfortunately. I think that he does have to take out 2 policies one for the condition and one for the travel insurance - so annoying. I will try Blue Insurance thanks for all the replies.

There must be lots of other people in this situation given the majority of Irish people with heart disease.

If you book your travel insurance with flightsearchers they cover everything apart from the condition, which he will have to call their Healthcheck dept and advise of medication etc there & they might charge an additional premium to have it covered.
This is where I got my mams insurance - 0818 71 71 71 is their number.

Didnt say that evrybody has heart disease just the amount of people with heart disease.
Read the post!

It's great to be in the company of such sensitivity, think we all need to reduce the heat on this pressure cooker

Tongue in cheek! But still didn't suggest anyone was insensitive, only suggested too much sensitivity seemed to be present in responses.

Back