Transferring house deeds and mortgage from Ex to me (Not Married)

Hi. Appreciate the advice, as I will be the one paying I was trying to avoid 2 solicitors but I understand your reasons. So if I lead as you say and let us assume that my solicitor and her solicitor are in loop that I will be paying off the mortgage in full so as to remove bank from the equation how would this play out. Reason I dont want bank involved is becasue we want it done straight away and with no fuss of banks and paperwork etc.

You're a gentleman and thanks for the comments, really helpful. I may not like what I hear at times but I really just want facts. Thank you
I don't think you can do this without involving the bank in some way.
Surely if they are paid off they have no right to any involvement in the process

@Jonocon12345

You are talking about paying off one mortgage and taking out another one.

If you think that this means that a bank has no "involvement in the process" then good for you.

It's not that easy get a remortgage for no obvious reason such as renovations, make sure that is going to work unless your father can do without that money indefinitely.

@Jonocon12345

You are talking about paying off one mortgage and taking out another one.

If you think that this means that a bank has no "involvement in the process" then good for you.
I am talking about paying bank off for the purposes if cleanly transferring deeds to my name without involvement of bank. I am nit talking about remortgaging the house until the house would be solely in my name. Borrowing from family can enable me to do this and pay them back at a later date

So she's willing to play ball and you're in such a hurry you're worried about paying a solicitor for her. Way to not get things done properly.

If that wasn't bad enough right now she has the mortgage hanging over her head, which has her focused, and you want to pay down the mortgage and give her no incentive to do anything.

Just curious, it's really fast how this unravelled, just after you got the house, and now you both want it to end real fast. How did this come about.

I would be more concerned that the banks won't entertain a remortgage at all to be honest and that way you have a huge debt to your parents hanging over your head.

You NEED two solicitors. You NEED to involve the banks. There is no easy fix nor way out of it. Even if you do pay off the bank mortgage today it will take months for the land registry to get her name off things anyway and she will still have to have a solicitor for her end of things. It really is not all as simple as you think.

Is there a facility to private message you on this?