Transferring funds from UK stakeholder pension to an Irish PRSA or Personal Pension

Fatphrog

As the title states, I need to find a way of transferring a UK stakeholder pension policy worth about £30k to Ireland and putting it into a new pension plan into which I would want to contribute to regularly.

AFAIK, the UK revenue allows this and has a big list of approved pensions in other countries including Ireland that it allows transfers to.

I know I should probably go to a financial adviser but I was wondering if anyone here has any experience of doing this already.

Most of the stuff I can find online about pensions and moving countries concerns pensions after retirement but in this case, I am not retired and am still working.

Re: Transferring funds from UK stakeholder pension to an Irish PRSA or Personal Pensi

Have a look through these threads - hope they help with any queries you may have

Re: Transferring funds from UK stakeholder pension to an Irish PRSA or Personal Pensi

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Anyone who knows about this sort of thing out there?

Fatphrog there's no problem transfering the funds across, what plan you transfer it into depends on what type of stakeholder plan it's coming from whether it's an individual plan or a company one.

The plan that is accepting the transfer must be approved as a QROPS (Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes) by the revenue, most life companies have preapproved products.

just a point to mention
sterling is extremely low at the moment, might be better to wait

I transferred an Irish Life Pension from the UK to Ireland about 10 years ago. I used a Gary Ellison in Portmarnock and found him very professional. He is a Financial consultant. Make sure you a clear of the fees he and the pension company will be charging first. Good luck.

Anyone who knows about this sort of thing out there?

Sorry about that, if you search for QROPS the threads will appear

Back