Transfer funds from Revolut to E-Trade US Brokerage account?

Chuckey

Has anyone successfully transferred funds from Revolut to a US E-Trade Brokerage account?

I managed to get it working recently for a US TDAmeritrade brokerage account that I also have by following these steps:

TD Bank USA,N.A
200 South 108th Avenue
Omaha, NE 68154
routing number 021912915
Account number YourNumber

I successfully transferred $500. Fee was very small, 30 cent.
It was an "ACH" transfer.

Now, I want to do the same for my US Etrade account?
Has anyone here done this?

Regards,
C.

Finally figured it out.

C.
what about the other way, transferring money out of etrade to revolut or another account. Im trying to use currencyfair but it won't let me create an "external account" using currencyfair's US based bank , it says it does not provide these for "international" customers. However I am able to do a wire transfer to this account but they charge a standard $25 wire transfer fee, any ideas on how to do it without having to pay the $25 fee, the account I am transferring to is also a US based dollar account ?

No, I've only used it to credit Revolut and onwards to E-Trade. Works well for both E-Trade and TDAmeritrade for me now.

Maybe others have tried it the other direction.
C.

You would have to register revolut as an external account I think, however the fact that you have already transferred money from it maybe it is still there as an "external account", Would be interesting to see if etrade allows you to proceed with a small deposit the other way without you having to fully complete the transaction?

Hey, Can you guide in how you sorted this out of transferring the ETrade account from Revolt - Was there a need to put the SWIFT code- Wells fargo bank

I added the following account details (business) in Revolut:

Account Number:
xxxxxxx [your Etrade account number]

Routing Number:

Company Name:
E*Trade Securities

Recipients Address:
34 Exchange Pl
07311-3885
NJ
Jersey City
United States

In the reference, you can say, for further credit to E-Trade account xxxx-xxxx
Mr Divinuk, 12 Any Street, Anytown, Ireland

Try a small transfer - say $10

Good luck

I wanted to thank those on this forum. I needed to transfer from etrade and BOI had a disgraceful rate. I was astonished with Revolut speed, but wary of deposit protection. In the app, if you have Revolut bank account for Ireland, you see the deposit protection. Check your USD one, no such guarantee.
I upgraded to Revolut premium to get unlimited no fee FX.
I split it into 3, a first test transfer to ensure the entire sum wasn't locked up due to some issue. This cost me 50 dollars extra in etrade fees, but I felt it was worth it for peace of mind.
The wire transfer as in my Revolut USD account approx 2 hours later, and I then exchanged to euro which meant it had deposit protection.
It cost me 82 euro in Revolut premium fee and an extra 50 in wire transfer fees. I considered that given the amount, I would definitely have split it for BOI also, so really just 25 extra in wire transfer fees.
In my case, I I ended up with over 1000 euro extra compared to the bank international transfer rates. Once exchanged I then spread it across 3 institution s rather than relying on just the Lithuanian deposit protection.

I transfer USD from my E*Trade account to my Wise (previously Transferwise) USD account using regular ACH transfer. Takes about a day but it no fee (free on both sides). Then convert from my Wise USD to Wise EUR account as required - small FX fee involved). I then transferred the EUR out to my chosen local bank. Very quick and convenient and much cheaper than a Wire transfer from E*Trade to my local EUR bank account.

I ran into an issue transferring from E*Trade to my Irish bank account recently. I took the hit on the $25 conversion to make it a EUR transfer but it was rejected by my bank. I got a message in E*Trade saying "The receiving account does not accept payments sent in EUR. It only accepts SEPA payments".
Has anyone any experience of this and have any suggestions as to how I can transfer the cash to my local account? For now I have requested a cheque is posted out but for any future transfers I'd like to know how it can be done electronically. Would it have worked if I had it transferred as a USD amount? Is there some reason people were able to transfer money to a Revolut account but I can't transfer to my current account here?

Follow DeeOBriens post directly above yours. It's the smart & economical way to go about this.

eTrade USD >> WiseUSD >>Wise EUR >>Your local bank EUR.

By the way I predict that who ever cashes that cheque will want their pound of flesh on that too.

Thanks Horatio. I have set up a Wise account today with exactly that in mind. However I just spoke to a representative from the Credit Union here (our bank account is a credit union current account) and I'm being told that they will only accept EUR transfers from european bank accounts. Will the fact that my Wise account has a EUR account, with a BIC and IBAN, mean that we will be able to transfer this as a SEPA payment?

UPDATE: It looks like it does indeed operate as a SEPA payment as per the Wise website itself.

Receiving Euros from Wise​

As Wise sends Euros via SEPA transfer, there shouldn't be any receiving fees.[/url

Last edited:
Your Wise account will be SEPA compliant & is in Europe (probably Belgium) so should be just fine.
If the CU cannot accept it they may be in breach of Central Bank's rule on SEPA compliance / IBAN discrimination depending on the reason they cannot accept it.

Thanks deeobrien and Horatio. I just received the money into our credit union account today via Wise. I'm not sure why it is so difficult to do this the old fashioned way but once you have your accounts set up in Wise it was a doddle (and much much faster as well).

Back