Transfer by Personal Representative - Form 40

bravo

Hi Guys,
I'm the executer of my late fathers estate and have my probate meeting next week - happy that everything is in order, but when I get the grant I will need to transfer my fathers house to my brother and from my research have concluded that its Form 40 - Transfer by personal representative(s) on death testate to person entitled - that I need to fill and send with fee and grant of probate. I have downloaded the form and edited out the notes and schedule, which I believe are not relevant (?)
My questions: What is his/her description - is it son or occupation maybe?
Who witnesses the signatures - a P.C. maybe, or anyone?
Is a certified copy of probabte required or just a copy?

Many thanks for your help.

FORM 40
Transfer by the personal representative(s) to a person entitled to be registered as owner where a registered owner died testate on or after the 1st June, 1959 (Rule 87)
LAND REGISTRY
County Folio

Transfer dated the day of 20 .
A.B., the personal representative(s) of C.D., the registered owner of the property described in folio of the register county , hereby transfers all the property described in the said folio to E.F.
The address of E.F. in the State for service of notices and his/her description are:-
(give address and description)

Signed (or, Signed, sealed) and delivered
by A.B.
in the presence of :-
Signed (or, Signed, sealed) and delivered
by E.F.
in the presence of:-

Question on Deed of Assent has come up a few times, am posting a 'sample' under the DIY probate thread. All caveats apply - IANAL!

Thanks for that Thirsty, the people at land registry are very helpful but have steered me in various directions - I finally have it - form 35 & 36. many thanks

Last edited:
Back