Trade Republic?

keepon

I saw that Trade Republic were listed as offering high rates in the best buys thread.

I signed up to open an account (move from Bunq) but it transpires that they hold funds in escrow for trading in stocks etc. -- and one is required to tick the box accepting that.

Can one just use it for on-demand deposit? The listing in the best buy thread states that a deposit guarantee applies.

As an aside, what is the sentiment on trading on a platform like this? I've never done it, and feel it would be foolhardy to mess with funds I can't afford to lose.

I just treat it as a normal savings account. I don't have any shares with them apart from the one I got for signing up using a referral. If you want a referral let me know and I will send you one mine.

Thanks Connard. Good to know.

I've already set up an account. I was just surprised they didn't reall advertise the straight deposit option.

I am interested in setting up an account and would like referral. Any more info appreciated
Thanks

I opened an account but it is asking me to deposit 3k in money and make 5 trades. Do I need to make those trades in order to get the 2%

I opened an account but it is asking me to deposit 3k in money and make 5 trades. Do I need to make those trades in order to get the 2%

No.

You need to do that to get the referral bonus. The trades can just be 1 EUR small trades.

What is the value of the fractional share please? The need to make 5 trades just to get this fractional share, means it may not be worth the effort?

What is the value of the fractional share please? The need to make 5 trades just to get this fractional share, means it may not be worth the effort?

You can choose the amount you want to invest such as 1 EUR. The corresponding fractional shares will be purchased.

In my case it has been €50ish. Some times a bit less, sometimes a bit more. I just bought as little bitcoin as I could for each trade then sold it all in one go. Came to a fiver in fees I think. The bitcoin didn't move much in value because I did it all in the space of a few minutes so net gain of about €45 for me and €50 for the person who referred me.

Back