AIB Tracker Rate not offered from AIB in 2010.

wonderfield

Is it too late regarding the tracker rate compensation from AIB, on a 250k mortgage in 2008 we were initially on a variable rate.
Then fixed to a 5 year rate in 2010 but were never offered the option of a tracker rate in 2010.
Approx 120k paid back to date with circa 50k off the original lump sum.

Did you receive the €1615 compensation from AIB already? If not then it’s doubtful that you were impacted

As October said - did you get the letter?

In any event, your fixed rate expired in 2015 when there was a prevailing rate. So AIB should calculate any redress based on that prevailing rate. As it was higher than the SVR, you did not lose out, so, based on what you have told us, you won't get anything.

Brendan

Hello I took out a mortgage in 2002 with AIB when tracker rates were not offered. I fixed for the first year and when I came off the fixed rate a year later, tracker mortgages had been introduced. I was offered a sample list of rates, but not the tracker one, which at the time would have been lower than the SVR. I did not receive the €1615 but am I out of scope?

Is it too late regarding the tracker rate compensation from AIB, on a 250k mortgage in 2008 we were initially on a variable rate.
Then fixed to a 5 year rate in 2010 but were never offered the option of a tracker rate in 2010.
Approx 120k paid back to date with circa 50k off the original lump sum.
So you took a standard variable rate mortgage in 2008, then in 2010 you took a fixed rate for five years to 2015?

Absolutely nothing there suggests a tracker was part of the equation in any form, so a resounding no to the query.

Back