Toyota Carina 2

danole

Is their "legendary" longevity all it's cracked up tobe? Anyone like to comment? I've got a '91 example with 130,000 miles (just!) & I'm wondering whether to keep it going.There's a few things starting to go in it.Thanks!

It's worth feck all. Upgrade to a low miles Avensis perhaps 1998 or so.

Shouldn't cost the earth, and there's no point throwing good money into an old knacker.

p.s. Most if not all modern engines will survive 130,000 miles without difficulty if serviced properly.

Yeah,'thought about an Avensis.They're plentiful enough around.What kind of money would buy a good one which hasn't been rogered?

i know a taxi driver with one. he claims to have done over 400k!

130k is nothing if it's been looked after.
Think about it. Even if you got to 160k... that's probably 3 more years of hassle free motoring.

Yeah,it has-BY ME!I've had it since about 40,000 miles & it's given hardly a bit of bother.'Still wondering about what to do....might hang on to see what happens.

150,000 is no big deal for a modern engine, with small engineering tolerances, as long as it's been well looked after with regular oil changes.

The other point is if any car is essentially valueless, there's a time to call it quits and move on.

Service parts - tyres, exhausts, suspension bushes, etc. will all need doing. No point in throwing good money into a yoke that will never be worth anything.

Back