To settle a bet - Supermarket in Balally Shopping Centre?

miselemeas

To settle a bet, does anyone remember if H Williams ever had a supermarket in Balally Shopping Centre or if there was ever a supermarket there called "Giant"?? I know it's a long shot but never ventured etc....

well its been supervalu in balally s.c. for years now if thats any use there was a h williams where tesco in dundrum town centre now is.

There was a HWilliams in churchtown many moons ago and there used to be a super crazy prices in either dundrum or balally sc.

To settle a bet, does anyone remember if H Williams ever had a supermarket in Balally Shopping Centre or if there was ever a supermarket there called "Giant"?? I know it's a long shot but never ventured etc....

Yes, there definitely was. I remember going to a Kevin Moran promotion in Balally many moons ago- he was signing the H.Williams-Kevin Moran football.

Giant was also there after H.Williams closed but, if I recall correctly, they were only open for a short while. They had a "half price hooter" where everything passing the tills would be half price for the duration of the hooter sound. Oh, happy memories....

Consider the bet well and truly won!

As a child I remember there also used to be a H. Williams in Deansgrange (where Supervalu is now) and there was one in Dun Laoghaire (roughly where Golden Discs is in the DL SC)...

I also remember they used to give out Green Shield Stamps with purchases...

Gianni, you're a star! Many thanks, great news!

Won the HW bit but lost the Giant section! There was a 3-person bet so I ended up pretty even!