To sell or not to sell

angel40

With all the election promises coming in about a reduction of stamp duty, do you think it wise to wait until June to put our house on the market?
Unfortunately neither myself or my husband can agree, I say put it up now because pre every election they promise and rarely deliver and we have seen a house which we are both keen on and I am afraid of losing it. Your thoughts please.

Its hard to know , but I thought that the PD wing of Fianna Fail were going to be wiped out at the election and then the rest will have to rely on Stamp Duty to fund tax breaks and lap tops . Mind you , then again maybe none of them will stick to their promises .
You could always put it on the market ,,,, but don't sell if the price is not ok ( McDoooooel dampner effect ) ,,,, and then try again next year after the budget .
pjq

Since you're basically trading properties surely it doesn't matter one iota whether you put your proerty on the market now or later as any increases, or decreases, will also be reflected in any property you are seeking to buy.

Even if election promises on taxes are followed through on (big IF!) then chances are they will not be delivered on until at least budget 2008 and maybe only taking effect in 2008 itself. I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath of put off plans in the hope of such chances myself.

Thanks a mil for your replies. We have decided to put the house up for sale and if the other property is for us we'll get it. Anyway all politicians promise the earth moon and stars for a vote, don't know why I'm even listening to them this time.

Back