To liv or not to liv

JimmyB99

......that is no longer the question.

It seems the baddies ain't baddies no more. Actually, they're goodies - good for the game of golf. Thoughts?

It was probably a matter of time before it happened but I didn't think it would happen so soon. I wonder who in the PGA benefited from this quick decision...
Rory seems to be taking it well surprise , surprise . I wonder why :rolleyes:.

At least he still hates Liv, right? It would be nice if he could explain what part of Liv engenders such emotion.

Last edited:
I turned down the chance to join also , I couldn't figure out where to invest all my LIV millions if I did :D . Also some of my golf buddies wouldn't be happy with me .....and I wouldn't like to offend them because .....that's the kind of guy I am .
Now back to hedge cutting :cool::(

Soccer and F1 and lots of other sports have never had a problem with unethical money. Golf has just lowered itself to the level of other sports.

It's a pity that it doesn't filter down to amateur level so it can benefit.
Where money is concerned it's only the people and organisations at the top who benefit......as usual.

Soccer and F1 and lots of other sports have never had a problem with unethical money. Golf has just lowered itself to the level of other sports.
It had lowered itself years ago. There has long been a welcome for Middle Eastern money to sponsor tournaments etc but until now, they just didn’t want them to have a say in how the sport is administered.

Boxing is going the same way with fighters holding out for the mega purses on offer to hold fights in the Middle East.

It won’t end there of course. Saudi’s public investment fund has a budget of some 600 billion so it can pretty much hoover up anything it wants. Apparently cricket is on its agenda as well.

It had lowered itself years ago. There has long been a welcome for Middle Eastern money to sponsor tournaments etc but until now, they just didn’t want them to have a say in how the sport is administered.

Boxing is going the same way with fighters holding out for the mega purses on offer to hold fights in the Middle East.

It won’t end there of course. Saudi’s public investment fund has a budget of some 600 billion so it can pretty much hoover up anything it wants. Apparently cricket is on its agenda as well.
Boxing? That's been in the sewer for generations. I'm not sure it was ever out of it. The Olympics is as bad.

where do you draw the line? Man City, Newcastle, Arsenal all have owners and sponsers with questionable morals. Look at the betting sponsership in most sports. Who are part owners in Disney?

where do you draw the line? Man City, Newcastle, Arsenal all have owners and sponsers with questionable morals. Look at the betting sponsership in most sports. Who are part owners in Disney?
Yep, it's quite easy to wash blood off money. There's nothing new in that.

It's like everything nowadays...money talks.
And not just because Neil Diamond said so ;)

Last edited:
Back