Timescales for legal changes to plot and deeds

micheller

Hi All,

Can anyone advise what kind of timeframe I should expect to be able to complete the following with a solicitor in?

1) One plot with 1 set of deeds being divided into 2 plots & 2 deeds
from Legal/ Land Registry point of view.
2) Gift from Parent to child & spouse for PPR legal side closed.
3) Close off CGT/ stamp duty issues. I believe there are none applicable
as the value is under limits.

We are going to meet solicitor next week and when we can start mortgage depends on having the land transferred so I was wondering how long the above would take and whether I'm missing anything?

Thanks as always in advance :)

Could be done within a week if all is in order and you are able to give the solicitor all the relevant information- pps numbers, marriage certs, valuation of land, title deeds and engineer certified map, planning permission- at least to the extent that you could complete loan offer documentation and start to draw down- registration and tax clearance can come after the event.

Sorry vanilla- just one more question:

Just to do the plot division and legalities, the gifting & gift CGT/Stamp bits how long would we take? Also, would the only docs we require be Deeds and land registry for this part?
Just trying to make sure I'm in order for the meeting with Solicitor next week.

Once we get that sorted and the PP grant through, we can move onto the mortgage element :) I assume that's what I need all the valuations, engineer certs, marriage cert, planning permission grant for?

No, your solicitor will need all of that documentation ( save perhaps the planning permission) in order to draft the documentation for the transfer/ plot division and advise properly on tax issues.

Back