Thrift wins out over romance

• Thread starter Karen Mc Dougal
  • Start date
K

Karen Mc Dougal

By : Angela Henshall

Being able to manage money makes people more attractive to the opposite sex than good dress sense or owning your own home, according to Halifax research.
Ninety-one per cent rank a good personality as the most appealing characteristic in a potential partner, followed by 89 per cent who rate a good sense of humour highly.
Skill with personal finances ranks alongside good looks and physical attractiveness at 65 per cent. A frugal attitude to money is admired but ostentatious displays of wealth and a big bank account were voted a turn-off.
Sixty per cent cite a person with no big debts as very important factor when choosing a partner.
Men place greater importance on dress sense and good looks while women are more interested in work ethic, stable income and a good job.

Source : Money Marketing

Then I guess my private yacht, house on Shrewsbury and Ferrari won't get me anywhere with the ladies ;)

"Then I guess my private yacht, house on Shrewsbury and Ferrari won't get me anywhere with the ladies"

Definitely not. Its your great parrot jokes and obsession with alcohol that obviously attracts them :lol

Its your great parrot jokes and obsession with alcohol that obviously attracts them

Alcohol fuelled Parrots...now there's an idea :D

Comment

"Being able to manage money "

Is that a new fragrance..

Re: Comment

So that's what the ladies mean when they say that they like a man with a large packet?! :lol

Re: Comment

I have a large parrot!!!...oh right...you said large packet :lol

I'm always amazed that researchers can pinpoint the things that women are looking for in a man, when women themselves don't seem capable to pinpointing what they're looking for in a pair of shoes.

Then I guess my private yacht, house on Shrewsbury and Ferrari won't get me anywhere with the ladies

But do you really want to spend the rest of your life with a woman who doesn't appreciate a Ferrari?

For more on what interests women, check out Bill Hicks talking about Death Row Inmates getting marriage proposals.

-Rd

But do you really want to spend the rest of your life with a woman who doesn't appreciate a Ferrari?

This post was such a long time ago now...

...but to answer that question...

...I could never love a woman who did not love me for my ferrari.

Sure they must be all mad anyway. If I was a woman I would not want to sleep beside something that was hairy, snored a lot and got excited at the drop of a hat :)

Sounds like a slobbery oul red setter....

I've been called worse.

Back