Thought Required for building

roker

The regulation which presumably were written by qualified people a lacking some common sense.
I have Solar heating with lots of hot water, yet I cannot buy a washing machine or dishwasher that can intake hot water and can only intake cold and use electric to heat it up .
In my house the plumbing is such a long way to the kitchen sink I must run a dish and a half of water before the hot comes through, what a waste of water .
Why cannot houses collect rain water to use for toilets etc.
Why do public toilets hang the doors so you must grab the handle and pull to get out which people that do not wash their hands have handled. Pull to get in Push to get out.
Who write these regs,

I have Solar heating with lots of hot water, yet I cannot buy a washing machine or dishwasher that can intake hot water and can only intake cold and use electric to heat it up.
Only a minority of houses have solar and modern washing machines are very efficient at just heating the quantity of water required. Overall, ensuring the machine heats the water is way more efficient than allowing a hot water hook up.

In my house the plumbing is such a long way to the kitchen sink I must run a dish and a half of water before the hot comes through, what a waste of water .
Same in most houses, people don't want large tanks and the associated pipework taking up space in their kitchens. Besides, showers / baths consume more water, so the closer you locate the hot water tank to those, the less energy wasted through the pipework.

Pull to get in Push to get out.
Unless you want to put clear glass in the doors so you can be sure you're not going to hit someone with an out-swinging door....

Why cannot houses collect rain water to use for toilets etc.
You can, most don't bother because of the costs of installing suitable tanks and pumps, oh and for many 'water is free'.

Modern dish-washers are much more energy efficient and hygienic than washing and drying dishes manually at the sink.

If you must have hot water at the kitchen sink then something like a Quooker might fill your needs, as well as supplying chilled, filtered drinking water and sparkly stuff on demand. It can also rule out boiling a kettle for babies' bottle, cups of tea or coffee https://quooker.ie/

Back