Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny and Flooding??

elainem

Hi! My friend is looking at a house on Low Street, Thomasyown, but I saw some pictures online of that street being flooded during the storm in early Jan - she said it wasn't flooded all the way down the street - but I think it's an ominous sign. Does anyone know this area of Thomasyown - she really likes the house there - think the auctioneer is Wash. Would really welcome opinions - she's really gone on the house and I don't think is seeing the pitfalls.

If I was interested in a house in an area and had a concern about flooding I would just go to the area and spend what ever time was necessary in the town and simply ask around. It would not be too difficult to ask 4 or 5 people that live close by. The answers will be either yes or no. I just googled flooding in Low Street, Thomastown and to tell you the truth unless I thought it was a photo that was photo shopped I would not be buying in Low Street, Thomastown.
It will not be too difficult to solve this matter.

https://twitter.com/irelandamtv3/status/683933370208878593

Has the house got a street name and number? If it has, then try to get a online quote for insurance from FBD. They will refuse insurance on this property if its in a flooding risk area. I have done this recently for a few properties in Dublin

Back