Health Insurance Thinking of Switching from Aviva Be Fit 3 to Laya Simplicity

horusd

Got my renewal from Aviva, it's not gone up (circa 1430.50). However, got a quote from HIA website for Laya's Simplicity for €1044 with, AFAIK, no major differences in cover. I rang Laya and went thru the terms with them and it seems quite good. Anything obvious that I'm missing?

The hospital cover is better than Aviva, no co-payment of 2000 for orthopaedic surgery, max inpatient excess 100 x 2 = 200 per year, extra hi-tech cover in Mater Private and Blackrock Clinic.

Outpatient wise, the Simplicity excess is 100, which is not ideal but a minor blip overall. The savings will cover health expenses anyway.

This new type of plan, with a max inpatient private/hi tech excess is a really innovative idea from Laya. It's like a cheaper version of a plan with no inpatient excess, which would suit older people in particular or people with ongoing health issues and conditions that may require several admissions
per year.
Its a no brainer really.

Snowyb

Snowyb, thanks so much for the extensive reply. I did a trawl thro the hia website and felt it was a good deal. I'll opt for it.

Back