Thinking about switching PRSA

Traffic

I currently have a PRSA with the bank of ireland and I contribute 200euro a month I am thinking of changing to Quinn Life, will there be a charge for this move?

How are you going about changing it over? I too am trying to change, from Aib to eagle star.

Cheers

I'll be moving mine again soon. Originally I had a PRSA with EBS. I then moved it to AIB because that was the only one that my employer would facilitate direct deduction from payroll.

To change over, all I had to do was set up the AIB PRSA. Then wrote to EBS telling them that I wanted to close theirs and gave them the new account details to transfer the funds.

I got a letter from both EBS and AIB confirming that my instructions had been carried out. There were no exist penalties nor other charges applied when I did this. PRSAs are supposed to be flexible and this is one of the big benefits of them.
For full information, have a look at the PRSA section of the Pensions Board site:
http://www.pensionsboard.ie/

It might be of relevance to the original poster that Quinn Life don't offer a PRSA product.

Thank you Marianne for pointing that out I presumed the pension mentioned on their website was a PRSA. ooppss

Anyone got any other tips on the best provider of a PRSA?

Traffic

My AIB prsa was 5%/1%.

I looked around with the aid of askabout.....and found eagle star offering 0%/1%.

Both standard pensions.

Back