The fate of the badgers

odyssey06

Actually, I am very fond of badgers myself.
Badger hair has, of course, been a longtime favourite fleece by shaving-brush users: it is so much softer than boar.
Those Dalkey families living around this badger sett are truly blest in having such a wonderful amenity in their midst, a living breathing nature reserve populated by interestingly marked creatures shyly foraging for their young cubs.
I applaud the Kennys and their neighbours for their staunch defence of these humble beasts and their habitat.

The fact that Dalkey residents' planning preferences conjoin with their defence of the badger sett is of course fortunate. But it is also nonetheless understandable - given local authority planning criteria - that objectors would use the more concrete protections available under protection of habitat than try more ill-defined objections like loss of privacy, neighbouring buildings overlooking their property, noise pollution, traffic, etc. Many recent successes by planning permission objectors have had their trump card in wildlife habitat.

Last edited:
Back