The ever-shifting sands of Eircon rates..!

D

Dr Moriarty

Sorry to duplicate posts on such a tired old subject, but anyone care to comment on my latest rant on thread?
(If so, maybe post your thoughts "thither" rather than "hither"...)

Dr. M.

The problem now is that they providers now offer packages which just obscure things. When one provider says that they're cheaper than Eircom they usually quote the standard rates and don't comment on the packages on offer.

One thing ComReg could do is to enforce each provider to list the areas where most costs were induced - peak time mobile, peak time local, etc. Then you could determine where you're spending most of your money and look at the packages on offer.

Of course, the other thing ComReg could do is just to get Eircom to make all local calls free at residential and wholesale levels. But, unlike BT across the water, neither ComReg nor Eircom have the capacity for imagination.

As things are now you just have to sit down and work it all out yourself. At least with UTV you could copy and paste your itemised calls into a spreadsheet and play around with the charges. Unfortunately for them, at the time, it resulted in me going with another provider. But I've always admired their bravado.

ComReg really needs to get on the side of the consumer and put some (note: multiple) red hot pokers up Eircom's "primary sales channel" instead of just sitting on the fence and pretending that we're not getting ripped off. They should just take the network in its entirity and put it up for auction/tender within the EU.

Broadband for Craggy Island.

Back