AIB "The decision of the Appeals Panel is Functus Officio" ?

maccers_85

Hi, could someone please advise me.

I have appealed and we got the final response back from the panel which rejected my appeal. My solicitor has advised me that they are no longer doing further work in this general area. This leaves me very frustrated and I don't know what to do.

I received the cheque for 1615 and I was never offered the tracker after my fixed rate period. Should I seek legal advice elsewhere?

Thanks in advance

IMG_20200312_121924~2.jpg

That is an extraordinary letter to send to any consumer. Maybe it's a well known term, but I had not heard it before.

Functus officio refers to an officer or agency whose mandate has expired, due to either the arrival of an expiry date or an agency having accomplished the purpose for which it was created.[1] When used to describe a court, it can refer to one whose duty or authority has come to an end: "Once a court has passed a valid sentence after a lawful hearing, it becomes functus officio and cannot reopen the case."

What they appear to mean is that once they have rejected your appeal, they have no further role.

In any event, there is no need for you to do anything at this stage. Just sit back and await developments.

That panel would have rejected the original tracker cases had they been adjudicating.

Back