The Coast (in Baldoyle) - any thoughts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a place in Boyd House (Myrtle) in Oct 05 and received a courtesy call from the estate agents a few weeks ago to say that it will be 'at least' December before the units are ready...The original completion date was June. They are not offering a reason for the delay. Anyone have any idea as to the progress of work on Boyd House, the reasons for the delay, or a realistic completion date? According to the estate agents, everyone else is happy with the delay. I find this really hard to believe...

At least you got the phone call. I called Sherry when I saw that there is still no front or back on my house and I was told December. I know the first phase was at least three months behind but work on boyd house looks to have stopped for the moment. I wouldn't mind but it's a precast building and they seem to be concentrating on the brick buildings surrounding. They will never give a reason for the delay we just have to live with it. At least they are still earning us money. Regarding the marsh land. THis land has been fully irrigated before work commenced and past the red arches where the park land will be has not been drained as of yet as it is listed until 2011. I am sure the minute they can build on it it too will be drained and developed on. Although it has been said that a bird sanctuary is going in so that has to be good news for the red arches not having to worry about development. Both the coast and Beaupark are lovely and with menolly on site for such a long time it's easy to get work done. I have to say the traffic lights at the junction on Grange road are a nightmare and the traffic through baldoyle is gone bananas. Has everyone seen the lovely underground carpark in boyd. It couldn't be more out of the ground and blocks the back of alot of the units.

Signed for a 4bed in Morrow House in January and told it would be June but kinda new it wouldnt be june as the site was still a field!. Recieved a phone call a few weeks back from SherryFitz who said the completion date has changed to October!. Rang back again today to find out an update and was told they still expect Morrow Hse to be ready in for October. Have driven down the back of where the show houses are, a number of times and my house is only getting it's roof now,, there is still no windows!. Does anybody know if 3months is time enough to fit-out the whole place?.i.e. plastering, plumming, electics, etc?. 3months sounds like wishfull thinking to me!!!!!!!.

Hi - we are told the Morrow House is now going to be ready in January.

Hi,
At least they called you! I called them just few weeks ago only to learn that Morrow is scheduled for January now! And we are expecting a baby end of December - our hopes to be in our own place are gone. And of course nobody gives a "proverbial" - as soon as you sign the contract they dont care. I dont think customer is treated like that anywhere in Europe. And YES I am UNHAPPY about the delay..

I bought a place in Boyd House (Myrtle) in Oct 05 and received a courtesy call from the estate agents a few weeks ago to say that it will be 'at least' December before the units are ready...The original completion date was June. They are not offering a reason for the delay. Anyone have any idea as to the progress of work on Boyd House, the reasons for the delay, or a realistic completion date? According to the estate agents, everyone else is happy with the delay. I find this really hard to believe...

I bought a place in Boyd House (Myrtle) in Nov 05 and received a courtesy call from the estate agents in May to say that it was going to be 'at least' postponed to December before the units are ready.I haven't offered any reason for the delay. I rung them today and I have been told that this has been postponed for late January and again no reason given. I am defenetly not happy withi this, however I think there is little we can do!

The Myrtle

Has anyone any opinions on the Myrtle developement on the coast. I was out at it last weekend and although it was very well presented, it seems very big which would worry me when I try to sell on, as why would someone want to pay stamp when they could buy new. Any thoughts?

I emailed SherryFitz yesterday evening and just got a reply... Morrow House won't be ready until February / March now.... Bloody ridiculous.

I have put a deposit down on an apartment in Boyd House. I rang SherryFitz last month and was told Jan/Feb 2007. This morning I was told Feb/Mar 2007. I am starting to regret my decision to purchase in this development and would advise anyone who asks my advice not to purchase there either...

I have experienced the same story in relation to the delays and lack of contact from SherryFitzgerald.

Originally when we bought we were told July/Aug. This was later revised to Oct/Nov and now we find out it will be Feb/Mar. And this is for the first phase, people who bought 6-10 months later in the second phase have already moved in!They seem to be prioritising as they see fit, the townhouses backing onto the railway which weren't part of the original design have been completed and will be occupied before the first phase buildings which were already started.

The only way I can see to get them to prioritise correctly is for anyone waiting on a house to keep getting in contact with them into completing the first phase. If they get enough bad press and feedback you can be sure they will hurry up. They were only too happy to deal with you when they were looking at selling the houses but don't seem to care now they have their contract.

At this stage the discussion on the location issue appears to be finished.

Please discuss issues regarding completion dates etc. elsewhere-e.g. .

The Coast

Hi all, new user so sorry if posted in the wrong section but this seems relevant here.

With regards to the devolopment in Baldoyle, has anybody any info about prices. We would like to get our name down on a two bed apartment and the plans I found on the web look quite nice.

The two beds in Myrtle are starting @ 355,000 / 365,000 with/without ensuite
[broken link removed]

Red Arches (which I would like to get) starts @ 385,000 and there appears to be a lot of different layouts and sizes in the brochure.
[broken link removed]

But what are the prices like now? And availabilty? Have the plans for Red Arches being released yet?

Thanks

At this stage the discussion on the location issue appears to be finished.

Please discuss issues regarding completion dates etc. elsewhere-e.g. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back