Text speak (split from twitter thread)

horusd

Lol. Jst b gld ur nt rding txt spk n AAM! That's totally incomprehensible. My brother uses it all the time, takes me ages to work out what he is saying.

Olny srmat poelpe can.

Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at
Cmabrigde Uinervtisy.
It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,
but the wrodas a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Lol. Jst b gld ur nt rding txt spk n AAM! That's totally incomprehensible. My brother uses it all the time, takes me ages to work out what he is saying. 05-02-2011 11:35 PM

I refuse to *******ize the English language

Olny srmat poelpe can.

Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at
Cmabrigde Uinervtisy.

I don't do anagrams any more. I prefer simple crosswords.
I

I refuse to *******ize the English language

What's with the asterisk *. If it's good enough for the Oxford English dictionary, It should be good enough for AAM

What's with the asterisk *. If it's good enough for the Oxford English dictionary, It should be good enough for AAM

...and what's with the American English spelling ('ize' instead of 'ise'), another annoying trait creeping in?!?!?

Lol.I saw this test from Cambridge...fascinating. Horizon did a program a few months back on how adaptable our brains are. They has one blind guy who was able to cycle his bike around, and use a form of echo -location like a bat. Incredible stuff.

On the Americanization of words like color, honor, or "ises" instead of "izes", I really can't explain it, but these drive me nuts!