Tenants rights in Wales-landlord looking to sell

A

andy murfy

hello,
my girlfriend is renting a house in wales for the winter as she attends college there. However her landlord has threatened to sell the house because he feels renting it out is too much hasle. She has been paying rent every week and she gave in a rental deposit. Can the landlord just throw them out if he feels like it? Is there no tenent rights?

If any knows anything bout this situation please contact me on andrew dot murphy at computershare dot ie

Thanks in advance

Re: renting abroad

Well is there a tenancy agreement? If there is then that will determine what notice and what length of period the tenancy runs for.

Otherwise there could be an oral contract but much harder to prove what was agreed.

If it were in Ireland, she could contact PRTB but a landlord is entitled to sell the property as long as he gives sufficient notice. Perhaps there's a PRTB equivalent in Wales??

Not sure what a PRTB is, but the contract rules over anything else in the UK.

Cant see any landlord renting without a signed agreement.

ok i will do that. Thanks for the advice.

In ireland people are intitiled to rent relief. Would anyone kno if u can claim rent relief in wales? Do u claim it of the irish government or off the welsh government?

What is rent relief? Some sort of tax relief for renting?

Never heard of that here in the UK.

Back