telestunt mystery

P

podgeandrodge

I've used Telestunt for awhile now and also given the 1890 number to my parents. Last week they told me that they received a call from someone with an Indian accent demanding to know where they got the Telestunt number and why they were using it. According to my mother, the guy was very agressive and she had to hang up. On their caller display the number that came up was 888 5407894. By coincidence, when I came back from holidays last week, the same number was on my caller display but no message was left. I'm with Eircom and my parents are with Esat BT. I'm curious as to who could possibly know that we dialled the 1890 number other than Telestunt themselves and I can't find a number to contact Telestunt though I may email them about it. Any ideas anyone??

I've found it next to impossible to use telestunt for the past month or so. Number just goes 'nowhere' I regret to say I have reverted to Eircom.

telestunt not ending call

I Didn't see that number, but I have a different issuse with telestunt.
This happen 2-3 times last week, when I put the phone down after a telestunt call and then picked the phone back up, there was no dial tone, as if the last call was never released. The dial tone eventually came back after 30 mins or so.
Seems to be working ok this week!

Did anybody come across this?

Re: telestunt not ending call

I've found it next to impossible to use telestunt for the past month or so.
Glad to hear that! I tried to use it for the first time over Christmas, to various different countries, and never got through at all. I thought I was doing something wrong.

Call from Telestunt?

I got a phone call from someone with an Indian accent claiming to be from Telestunt this weekend also. Prior to the call there had been a few missed calls from the previos days when there was no one at home. One time it was the 888 5407894 number and after that the number was always unavailable on the claaer display.

I was asked for my name and address but I was a bit wary of giving it out and asked why they needed it. The caller said they wanted to send me information about prices in the post. I replied can I just look at it online and they seemed to get a little annoyed and hung-up on me. Very strange!

Re: Call from Telestunt?

[broken link removed]
Quote from MarkR:
Has anyone else had Someone from telestunt ring em , from india sounded like, and was struggling with english. Guess was one of there best customers for about 3 months! I think they sending me some information, wasnt realy sure what she was on about tho, and I rarely ring anyone further than 10 miles away, apart from argos!

Yes Mark, was phoned last 2 weeks ago, nice Indian gentleman, explained that the access code was being changed and the number we were using to phone R & R with would no longer work after Monday past. Dont know what the number for dial up is as i couldn't understand what he was saying, could only make out about the change.

I got this googling for telestunt "any good".

Re: Call from Telestunt?

Could it be that the Indian caller is trying to get you to use a different access number, of which he would of course be the beneficiary? How does he know who to call though?

telestunt

Interesting!

I just got a brochure in the letterbox from Telestunt with the same old 1890 number for Ireland anyway. Still curious as to who exactly these Indian sounding people are - are they working for Telestunt or what!? If not, I can't see how they know we are using Telestunt...

telestunt

Received as email from Telestunt customer care:

""Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your email.

We do from time to time call our customers to see whether they are happy with our service and whether we
can keep them up to date regarding the latest news and offers.

We hope this has answered your question.""

Told them they should improve their callers politeness!
But seems to be above board..

Back