Telephone Answering Service

tonora

Hi all
We run a small family business from home.Part of the business requires taking phone messages and organising appointments. In the past we have relied on student familly members to 'man' the phones.
Alas they are all grown up and graduated and don't appreciate/need the pocket money previously offered.
We could employ someone part time to take on this position on minimum wage but wonder does anyone have any alternate suggestions.
Such as are there any small enterprises that provide telephone answering services?
Any help greatly appreciated:confused:

We use [broken link removed] and find them excellent.

Although they're based in Kilkenny and we're in Meath it doesn't matter. Our phone is picked up with a personalised answer, and calls can either be transferred or messages taken.

I have no connection with this business other than being a satisfied customer.

Marianne said:
We use [broken link removed] and find them excellent.

Although they're based in Kilkenny and we're in Meath it doesn't matter. Our phone is picked up with a personalised answer, and calls can either be transferred or messages taken.

I have no connection with this business other than being a satisfied customer.

Hi Marianne,

Is pricing of these services related to number of calls or is there a flat fee for the service. I appreciate your feedback as it is something I am looking into myself..planning a holiday after 3 1/2 years non-stop work!

Hi Marianne,

Is pricing of these services related to number of calls or is there a flat fee for the service. I appreciate your feedback as it is something I am looking into myself..planning a holiday after 3 1/2 years non-stop work!

It's a flat fee. Service provider will chat with you to establish approximate level of calls and then will quote a flat fee.

I got a quote from Page Boy also but preferred Auto Office as there's usually just three ladies operating the switchboard and at this point they have got to know my regular callers and offer a more personalised service. Page Boy gave the impression of being a bigger outfit and less personal.

How does the service work?
Do you supply your own phone number or do they allocate one?

There's two types of service that most answering services can provide. One is where you simply give out their number as yours to your customers. The phone gets answered with a generic "Hello, Generic Business Centre" or "Hello Airside House" or something like that. When a customer asks for you by name, they take a message or transfer the call to your phone (including mobile) whatever your instructions are.

The second type is where the answering service gives you a dedicated number on their switchboard. You can either give this number out to your customers as yours, or if you already have a number that your customers would know, you divert it to your number at the answering service. When a customer rings, the phone is answered with your personal name ("Hello CN624 Ltd.")

Back