Taxation Query on building/sites

killarney guy i have to tell you your estimates are off the ball if you think the build will be 80% of the cost (not including windows) it would be more like 40-50%

Stamp duty is not an issue if site under €254,000
It depends on whether you got any other gifts as to wehther tax will arise but if your father is well off it may be worth going to his accountant and ask them for advise

You are entitled to take up to c.478k from your father free of CAT. There is at the moment a specific CGT relief for your father and stamp duty relief for you for a site worth less than 254k where you intend to build your PPR on it. So site worth 200 plus a further gift of 145k will not give rise to a CAT tax bill.

However I would say that if your father is wealthy and has other assets that you may potentially inherit one day, especially if he is a business man or farmer that you really should avail of some longterm tax planning now before any transfer. I can give you recommendations in the Kerry area if you wish.

Thanks Vanilla that cleared things up for me..Ya if u have any good contacts would help as in the furture i may inherit more assets etc.
Thanks
K

Back