Tax underpayment???

Minnie***

Hi guys,

I did tried Karls calculator and I’m still none the wiser. Wondering can anyone help.

I have a P21 statement for 2003 and seemingly myself and my husband have underpaid tax by 1285e.

Panel 7B adjustments:
Refunds received 2576 – we got this back when we sent in our Med1 form and asked them to review our tax for 2003.

I was on a 3 day week for 4 months during 2003 and I was on sick benefit for 6-7 weeks maybe this has nothing to do with it, as I said I haven’t a clue when it comes to tax!

Thanks in advance for anyone advice given.

Minnie.

How come they refunded you €2576 if your medical expenses were only €2083? At best you would be entitled to a refund at 42% which would be €875.

I don't know why??? We just sent in the Med1 form and 2 P60s and asked them to review our tax for the year as well and now they're looking for it back.

Jockey thanks for taking out time to post.

Minnie.

If you were 12 months unemployed you may have got extra tax credits but not with only few weeks, it was just a thought but obviously not the reason.

I give up... I rang the tax offive again (3rd time) and she couldn't understand how we have an underpayment. She said she'll ring us back when she looks into it.

Maybe the Revenue made a mistake and gave you the €2083 as the actual medical tax credit as opposed to the tax on the €2083. If this was the case the refund you received would be close to the calculation of €344 refund based on your actual earnings with no med or flat expenses credit of €170.

€344 plus €170 plus €2083 = €2597 - not far off from what they gave you back.

Back