Tax Returns Query

muesli

hi,

I am a PAYE worker.

I exercised stock options in March and paid CGT (using form CG1) at the time.

I know this is a silly question but will I need to fill out a full Tax Return (Form12) ?

I'm sorry if this is an obvious 'Yes' but I've never needed to file a tax return before.

M.

I dont think so, form 12 is for income.
not capital gains....Different tax

I used it to declare CGs some years ago and they sent me a separate CG form to fill out.

muesli said:
hi,

I know this is a silly question but will I need to fill out a full Tax Return (Form12) ?

M.

Yes you do need to - there is a specific section for return of capital gains

bazermc said:
Yes you do need to - there is a specific section for return of capital gains

Will we able to do this electronically soon ? (with the ros system for PAYE workers). I find this so annoying to have to do this in hard copy ....:mad:

beattie said:
Will we able to do this electronically soon ? (with the ros system for PAYE workers). I find this so annoying to have to do this in hard copy ....:mad:

I am a PAYE worker with a bit of investment income (not much unfortunately) and some CGT and have used ROS to file my returns for the last 3 tax years

bazermc said:
I am a PAYE worker with a bit of investment income (not much unfortunately) and some CGT and have used ROS to file my returns for the last 3 tax years

Can you pay them electronically? I will have dividends and CGT to declare so I am very interested

Back