Tax returns - how to find reputable accountant to do returns?

dubinamerica

Hi - our returns are quite complex and we are looking for someone to complete returns. Will involve rental income, CGT and ensuring we are receiving full tax breaks as we've been working part of the year.. How do I go about finding someone/company reliable to do this? I had found someone on line but then read in a paper that they had been done for some offence so this has put me right off. Any personal recommendations? How do I check that they are regulated and with what bodies should they be associated. Would prefer someone in Galway/Mayo area but Dublin would be fine also. Any help would be appreciated !!

I was looking for an accountant recently and I have to say it was a bit of a nightmare. I thought I was onto the right person but I was based in the city centre and they were in swords and basically told me they didn't want my business. Another accountant I contracted took offence when I said I was considering a few different people and told me he did not intend to be interviewed for the post. In the end I went with a large firm who had one of their junior people look after me, it worked quiet well because I got a good price but also liased with the more seinior members of the company.

Only go by a personal recommendation. Ask the local butcher / baker / candlestick maker / newsagent. Pretty much all the answers you get will be useful. Irish people love to complain about how much they're paying - like their bank. They'll complain and give full details to their friends but will NOT move

Back