Tax Return - Multiple Employments in a single tax year

B

Boomerang

I had three seperate employers last year but there is only one space on the Tax Return form to enter the amount earned in the year. Where do I put the other two amounts earned?

Is this a self employed or PAYE query? Don't you just enter the total gross earnings as stated on your P60?

Boomerang said:
I had three seperate employers last year but there is only one space on the Tax Return form to enter the amount earned in the year. Where do I put the other two amounts earned?

Add them up and put totals in. Attach 3 P60s and that's it.

Three P60s!? Surely not? It's only the employer (if any) for whom the employee works at the end of the tax year who issues the P60. Not each employer. Other employers simply issue a P45 when the employee moves on.

ClubMan said:
Three P60s!? Surely not? It's only the employer (if any) for whom the employee works at the end of the tax year who issues the P60. Not each employer. Other employers simply issue a P45 when the employee moves on.

Possibly, yes.

If I leave my desk tonight to go to my part-time job in a bar and get up in the morning to do my part-time cleaning job, I have three employers. At the end of the year if I am still working for all three I will get a P60 from each.

Sorry - I didn't consider the possibility of being simultaneously employed by three different employers each of whom issues a P60. I was assuming the (common) situation of consecutive rather than concurrent employments! ;)

Oh yes, quite common. I get two P60s every year, my father gets two or three. Both work in education.

I only put the big main P60 amount into the Form 12, but I did list them on a cover letter.

Ham Slicer said:
Add them up and put totals in. Attach 3 P60s and that's it.

Tnx Ham Slicer, that's seems to be the answer. Pity they don't leave a few spaces for multiple employers on the Form 12.

Back