tax refund

iveagh

can i claim tax back on the cost of dental treatment i"ve had done in turkey cost of treatment was 6.350.00 euro

can i claim tax back on the cost of dental treatment i"ve had done in turkey cost of treatment was 6.350.00 euro

NOn-reoutine dental treatment only attracts tax relief if the claim can be supported by a form MED2(Dent) see [broken link removed]
( scroll down to non-routine dental treatment)
I think this may rule out Turkish dental treatment but if in doubt contact Revenue. YOur district will have contact numbers on the contact locator on the main Revenue website www.revenue.ie

Aside : certain hospital treatment outside Ireland is allowable if the relevant hospital is listed on Revenue's list of approved institutions ( also on the medical expenses page link above)

Of course even without a MED claim here, the cost of treatment there is probably less than the after tax relieved cost here so you may still be way ahead. ( assuming that's the reason you had it done in Turkey in the first place )

Sorry if this isnt related to the tax issue. How did you find the treatment and service? What company did you use?

It is of great intrest to me as I am considering non-routine dental treatment, but find Ireland and the UK very costly

got the info from a friend of ours who had some dental work done over there we found the clinic to be most modern and the dental work to be of a very high standard let me know if you need the web address

Iveagh

It would be great if you could give the web address.

Many thanks

You need to get your MED2 Dental form completed and stamped by the turkish dentist and for a claim that high you could get picked for receipt verification so you need to be able to produce the receipts and proof of payment if rquired

Back