Tax Reclaim Trouble

D

Duffstar

I moved over to the UK in March 2006. As I left my Irish job at the beginning of the Irish tax year, I was advised that I should get some tax back. I completed the relevant forms and sent them to the Irish Revenue etc however they have come back and advised that I cannot claim any tax back untill next year and I need to send in my P60 from my UK job.

Does anybody know if this is correct and would I be liable for any Irish tax based on my UK earnings?

As I left my Irish job at the beginning of the Irish tax year
When exactly?
however they have come back and advised that I cannot claim any tax back untill next year and I need to send in my P60 from my UK job.

Does anybody know if this is correct and would I be liable for any Irish tax based on my UK earnings?
It's not a case of being liable for Irish tax on UK earnings. It's more that under the relevant double taxation agreement Irish Revenue need to know about your UK earnings and tax deductions before they can give you a refund in respect of any credit that you may be due on your overall annual earnings.

Thanks Clubman. I left my job at the end of February, but in the two months of the tax year I paid about €5 k in tax as I got paid my bonus then too plus holiday pay.

OK - I still believe that Revenue can only deal with this matter at the end of the year once they have details of your total annual earnings here and in the UK. But contact them directly for clarification to be sure.

Back