Tax Rebates

R

rorymoynihan

I have heard that it is possible to have the Revenue look over all taxes paid over the previous 3 years and that they may issue a rebate (or look for more!).

Has anyone done this and could you tell me what form I need to complete or how I go about doing this?

Thanks

Rory

I made a claim for tax relief on my refuse bill for the past three years which Revenue duly processed. It seemed to automatically trigger off a balancing statement for the past few years and we received a rebate in due course.

I have heard that it is possible to have the Revenue look over all taxes paid over the previous 3 years and that they may issue a rebate (or look for more!).

Has anyone done this and could you tell me what form I need to complete or how I go about doing this?
Write to them including copies of your P60s for the relevant years and any additional information (e.g. MED1/2 forms if you claiming medical/dental expenses relief, information about standalone pension payments etc.) required to bring your tax affairs up to date for the relevant years. They will then issue a P21 balancing statement although if the changes are significant then they may ask for more info, the relevant forms for each claim and/or a full Form 12 return for one or more years.

Yes - you can only go back 4 years with tax reclaims. That means the earliest that you can go back to this year is 2003.

Back