Tax on Stock Purchase Plan profit

cavanlad1982

Hi, we have a stock purchase plan scheme in work. I had selected the quick sale on purchase and now owe roughly 200 euros on tax. this is my second scheme and i payed the tax via cheque to an office in Limerick (i think). It had to be cash or cheque and not credit card for some reason. Anyway, I asked for a receipt but never got one. I am therefore reluctant to send more money off this way. Is the easiest way to get confirmation on the last payment through reachservices (meant to set up an account)? Would it be a waste of time ringing the tax office? Some of my colleagues tried this before and said that it was. I am not trying to avoid paying tax. I am just trying to be sure that they have record of it as I don't want them coming looking for it in a few years time. All advice is appreciated :)

Is this income tax on the benefit attributable to the discount between the exercise/acquisition price and the market price on the day? Did you pay the tax by Form RTSO1? Any time I did this I automatically got a receipt back.

[broken link removed]

Yes Clubman. This is the same thing. I posted the tax via cheque to that Limerick address specifically asking for a receipt but I never got one. Did you get yours via post or by what means? Is there any point in ringing the tax office or will I just get the run around?

Every time I send a RTSO1 I get a receipt back within days. Call the Revenue Commissioners, or else the Office of the Collector-General (the place in Limerick) to follow up.

Are you sure that the cheque was cashed ? If not, did they receive your cheque ?

Yes Clubman. This is the same thing. I posted the tax via cheque to that Limerick address specifically asking for a receipt but I never got one. Did you get yours via post or by what means? Is there any point in ringing the tax office or will I just get the run around?
I got it by post a while after making the RTSO1 return/payment. I didn't explicitly ask for it.

Back