Tax on commercial rental property

denby11

I’m currently looking at buying a commercial property with tenants in place and currently returning a 10% yield on it. Would I have to pay capital gains tax on the full rental income or would I be able to offset repairs, depreciation etc…. Against this income?

capital gains tax
Not CGT, but income tax. Have a read of this basic guide from Revenue, and then ask more specific questions :

currently returning a 10% yield on it.
Shockingly low in current environment, unless its a super prime location like Grafton St. Are you sure you've thought this through?

Not CGT, but income tax. Have a read of this basic guide from Revenue, and then ask more specific questions :

Shockingly low in current environment, unless its a super prime location like Grafton St. Are you sure you've thought this through?
So what percentage yield would you expect from a commercial property?

So what percentage yield would you expect from a commercial property?
My politicians answer: it depends on many factors. But I'm assuming a low investment level where someone doesn't know which tax they'll be paying, so required yield should be higher.

Sorry my understanding was that if property was held in company you’d pay 33% cgt on rental income.There is an upside to the 10% and potential when leases that were drawn up 10 years ago come up for renewal.

Back