Tax Credit Certificate/Umbrella company

L

Lulabell

slightly worried, i worked through an umbrella company for first 6 weeks in ireland. i changed and have been working through my agency for 6 weeks. finally got my tax credit certificate which i have been given the full single and paye tax credit.
when director and going through umbrella company, you arent entitled to claim the PAYE tax credit. now my agency is coming to me saying i'm getting a massive tax credit rebate cos they have my tax credit certificate but because it says i'm entitled to paye and single tax credit, they are giving me tax credits back for paye while i was going through an umbrella company!
so between tax credits i have already received + rebate + tax credits i will claim to end of year, the tax credit claim will actually exceed the tax credits allowed for the year on my tax credit certificate! this can't be good. i did call the paye office and the chick didnt seem to understand what i was on about.
is this something revenue need to fix or does my agency need to adjust for the weeks i wasn't entitled to claim the PAYE tax credit while through an umbrella company?

Back