Tax Arrears

• Thread starter information
  • Start date
I

information

Hi, tax returns were not filed for 2000 - 2005 had income but large loans and serious debt which left me with a 0 return ( i should have sent them in with 0 balance - am making no excuses). have filed my returns with revenue for last few 4 years and am up to date but out of the blue, my accountant got a call from revenue to say that i was on a proseceutors list and accountant wanted to know if i had received any correspondence from revenue. I had not received any communication and asked accountant to find out from revenue the dates of any correspondence that had been sent to me (as acct. did not receive anything either). accountant called back stating nothing had been sent to me from revenue since 2005. am a little confused by this, how can you be on a list if you have not received any notification etc. and also why would this not have been flagged by revenue when i have been filing my returns last few years. is this normal. am in process of sorting out returns now but just wanted to see if this is normal.

Back