Tanager changes its arrears calculations and withdraws legal action in some repossession cases

See attached for how Tanager explains what happened.

It's missing the last line which states:

“were deducted from the outstanding balance under both calculations.”

Brendan

Attachments

• Lapithus story attachment.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 402
Last edited:
Iv recently received one of there letters regarding a change in the way my monthly mortgage calculations are been made and I will hear back from them by the end of this month is this the same letter that you's have all received I ran this letter passed a someone recently and they reckon my mortgage loan has been sold on again ??

Ps I cannot open any of the letters from Lapithus attached above

Has anyone received a reply yet I was into Lapithus Thursday paying my monthly payments and asked was there an update ect regarding calculations and he told me that my letter was went out in the post which I havnt recieved yet and I asked him what it contained he informed me mortgage repayments have gone up 5 euro so I'l sit tight and wait on letter to study same taught payment were gonna come down not up

I received Phone call last Tuesday informing me my payments coming down by 200 a month due to the arrears error and had I any questions about the letter they sent .......
Strangely I have still received nothing either.

Hi there

Don't mind me asking are you paying full payments I'm only paying 85% of full payments at presents all arrears have been cleared 're ally taught my payments were gonna come down a few bob at least il sit tight wait to read there letter

Paying in full last 2 years plus additional amount off arrears each month. Arrears total dropped approx 25% after recalculation also...... am awaiting the printed statements from them before deciding on what to do next.
I would have thought if all your arrears have been cleared after the recalculation then you now have a performing mortgage and once you keep paying the monthly payments you have nothing to worry about from them ??

I'm going back to full payments in may just had a temp payment in place buy taught after the calculations ect my full repayments might have come down and not up sure we shall wait on there letter ect

Ps the new calculatations didn't clear my arrears I did in the past

Any update on this?

Has anyone got a letter to say that their arrears were incorrect and that they have now been reduced by €x?

Without going into the exact figures in my case when I got the letter about the arrears dropping by 25% I was already in the process of applying for the recapitalisation of my arrears after 1 court appearance. They agreed to the recap and it was all sorted a few months ago. Arrears were substantial even after the reduction ( over 30k) ..
The thing about it is my new payments are a few euro a month less then what I had been paying as they had effectively recapitalized me by incorrectly charging me over last few years. I am glad to be out the other end of it now. My mortgage is one of the ones which could be affected by the Kane case. I don’t know if this encouraged them to come to a deal with me or whether it was because of the county registrar telling them to try and do a deal with me or both. Would be interested to know if any one else reached an agreement or is it still ongoing etc?

The Central Bank wrote a long letter explaining this practice to the Oireachtas Finance Committee

https://centralbank.ie/docs/default...mittee-re-calculation-of-mortgage-arrears.pdf

A total of 5,400 accounts were affected. It does not deal with the issue of how far back it goes.

upload_2018-9-12_9-51-39.png

upload_2018-9-12_9-52-0.png

Brendan

Repossession cases have been dropped by 100 out of 5400.......
That’s less then 2%. Seems very low or does it mean the revised figures didn’t make much difference to the borrowers overall situation with the lender.

To the best of my understanding the miscalculation has only been corrected as far back as 2014, which means there is probably still a big miscalculation

Hi I am new to ask about money.Please can somebody help me about Tanager statements where can I go to get a second opinion?
Thank you

Back