switching ulster bank to kbc to avant

amE2015

Hello

We are in a 2.6 per cent fixed rate with UB until 2024 of 137.000 left to pay over 30 years, at present we over pay each month by 200 euro which if we keep going will have payments paid in 18 years. we are early 30s with a baby on the way, so we like the flexibility of the over payments. We have been with UB for 3.5 years as first time buyers.

I asked for a break fee in Dec and Jan this was 700 one week and 900 euro another week , I queried about the zero break fee as I read many people got it on this forum , this was declined so I put in a complaint to the ombudsman which is on-going. im not sure will I get any thing out of it but with the UB pulling out of Ireland I hoped it might help them let me go with out that break fee.

I am wondering should I move with kbc 2.25 rate as they will give me 3 K and if I move to the 2.25 fixed rate. This would cover the solicitor and break fee and I would have some money left over out of it ,

But Ultimatley I want to end up with avant as it has the lower rate: and we have a LTV of 33 percent which means we will be able to move to ~Avant which has a fee of 1.95 pc
but i am wondering should I take the 2 year variable 2.25 rate and three k and then move to avant in two years time hoping the rate is still there,
or alternitively

I wonder has any one gone to the kbc variable rate of 3 pc and successfully switched to avant straight away?

would love advice on the best option here

Thanks for your help

Back