Switching mortgage provider Query

Eireog007

I’m getting way ahead of myself in that we haven’t even bought our first house to have an existing mortgage provider yet but the whole buying process is stressing me out so I’m trying to focus on something else.

Currently KBC are offering us the highest mortgage amount at the best fixed rate but this is simply because Ulster won’t give us their best fixed rate as we have applied for an exemption to the loan to income rule.

My question is basically if we fix with kbc for a year could we move to the lower rate with Ulster after that year, despite the fact that they wouldn’t offer us that much of a mortgage now.

Is our repayment history the only real aspect they tend to consider when analysing switchers or would the same factors that prevented them from offering us as much as KBC are now prevent them from allowing us to switch in a years time?

Convoluted question I know and all theory right now but I’d appreciate any feedback from you guys.

Ulster won’t give us their best fixed rate as we have applied for an exemption to the loan to income
Question: can you draw down at a different rate, and then apply to switch to their better rate?
If you dig through the threads on their rate change, there was something in their press release about criteria for existing customers. I can have a look for it later if you don't find it.

Question: can you draw down at a different rate, and then apply to switch to their better rate?
If you dig through the threads on their rate change, there was something in their press release about criteria for existing customers. I can have a look for it later if you don't find it.

We potentially could but the amount they are offering is significantly lower than KBC. We are more than comfortable meeting the repayments of the KBC amount but obviously if we could move that amount over to Ulster at their lower fixed rate then we would.

I’ll have a look for that, but if you are able to link it later on that would be really helpful thanks.

Back