Switching from Eir (broadband/landline) to another provider - Notice Rqd?

1dave123

Hi - Just wondering if anyone on here has actually switched landline/broadband from Eir to another provider recently?

My reading of their docs is that there is a different procedure depending on whether you are switching or terminating. I will be switching. I have a landline and dsl broadband (non fibre).

I am 18 months out of contract so no issues there. These docs suggest that I don't have to give Eir 30 days notice because I am switching. Basically I just advise the new provider and that's it.

I attached the links from their website which seem clear on the matter but I am just wondering if anyone has actually switched recently and can validate. I would contact Eir direct to check ... but that's easier said than done. Thanks

"Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give one months' notice to Terminate your eir service(s), unless you are Switching or Changing Service Provider."

"If you are switching only your phone number to another provider your new provider will be responsible for initiating the switching process. You do not need to contact eir. This also applies in most cases when switching your phone number and broadband."

Back