Switched from KBC, after they refused to top up my tracker - now "in scope"

Sunflowers

Hi everyone

New to posting here although have been reading for some time. I hope I am putting this in the right place!

In summary KBC have said we are within the scope for investigation. We got an update before Christmas to say it was ongoing and we’d know in the new year.
Our background is that my husband got a tracker mortgage from KBC (or what was then IIB?) in 2002. In late 2008 when we had our second child we decided to build an extension on our house. We needed a top up for this and KBC said they would not give us a continuation of our tracker plus top up. In early 2009 we had no choice but to move banks to a fixed rate with AIB and lose our lovely tracker product forever. It’s meant a substantially higher mortgage for us at a time when we needed the money..

Anyway... any thoughts or ideas on what might be the outcome for us? Or has anyone else been in the same boat?
Many thanks for any comments or ideas you might have
All the best

There is a big difference between being "in scope" and being "impacted".

Not really comparable with Nota Bene who was legally entitled to a tracker.

KBC were certainly within their rights to refuse a top up.

It's possible that the Central Bank has told KBC that if they would have given a top-up to someone with an SVR and refused it to someone on a tracker, that they should now give them back the tracker and the top-up at the SVR.

Brendan

Back