Swimming lessons for a 4yr old

emmt

I have a four year old girl - Balbriggan area - and want to get swimming lessons for her. I did have her in WaterBabies from a very young age but it didnt suit her at the time. She got more terrified of going underwater as the classes progressed!

Has anyone got recommendations for a good swimming class for children around that age - preferably in a group as I like her to get interaction with other kids and I think having other kids around might encourage her to be braver. One to one would also be considered. Im willing to travel up to maybe 45mins, give or take, in any direction from Balbriggan area, just interested in getting a good recommendation as I want the lessons to be a positive experience for her.

I find the childrens swimming lessons in DCU really good. expensive for non members at €16 a class but the group is small, I think the ratio is 6 kids to one instructor.
previously to this we did lessons in Dublin City Council pools which were really cheaply priced but over crowded classes so my son didn't really progress. he is flying now at DCU and Saturday morning lessons are great, new term starts this weekend, not sure if its a little too far out for you.

DCU is a short journey up the M1 so that wouldnt be a problem at all. That sounds ideal for me and i like the idea of smaller groups. Thanks a mill Clara16. I'll check that out.

Back