SW & Part-time work

pillowtalk

I have recently started working on a part-time basis, having been on jobseekers benefit since November.
I went to the social welfare office and was told I could claim for the days I am not working (I work 2 days one week and 3 the following). They ceased my payments until i was bring back a form signed by the company. I went in last week and they now say they want my contract to see IF i am entitled to get payment for the days I am not working...although i had been told that I would qualify by a previous lady in the SWO.
Can anybody give advice as to what they mean about seeing my contract as to whether I am entitled to payment.
Trying to get them to ans the phones is a nightmare.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

I presume that they need to check that you are, in fact, available for other work on the days that you are off and not restricted by your contract (e.g. having to be on call or whatever)?

Probably to see if the contract precludes you from looking for work other than with the part-time employer. Some contracts are for 40 hours a week even though you you work part-time. That would make you unavailable.

Back