Susi Grant 2020

senni

Will my son( dependant ) possibly be entitled to the basic maintenance grant and fee grant from susi for 2020 for his first level 8 degree course, with a total gross house income of €33,912 with a family of 5 ?

Here is our details..

1. Family of 5 , 3 children , 2 adults , two under 16 and one over doing his leaving cert in 2020.
2. Total house gross income for 2019 was €32,912. made up of Employed income of €23975 and Self Employed income of €8937.
3. We live over 100 km from the possible college he'd like to go to .
4. My 18 year old son earned €5500 in a part time job , do we take away €4,500 and add the €1,000 onto our €32,912 giving us a total house income of €33,912 ?
5. Our revenue indicative calculation and accounts for 12 months confirm these figures for the self employed income of €8937 .
6. We have noted all the add backs on the self employed income ,depreciation and loan interest etc but we don't have any of these because we are winding down this business in 2020. My husband is going back to employed income once covid19 is over ( hopefully ) and has a job ready to go . Thank God.
7. No other sources of income . I've gone through the list on the susi site .

Just worried as with covid 19 , I am not sure our local credit union will lend us money for him to go to college because my husband hasn't started his new job yet .

Any help or information would be a great help. Thank You .

Hoping everyone is staying safe and healthy in these unusual times . x

Looks like you would fall in the category with reckonable income under €39 ,875.
You would then be covered for the student contribution charge and also get a maintenance grant of €3,025.

[broken link removed]

Looks like you would fall in the category with reckonable income under €39 ,875.
You would then be covered for the student contribution charge and also get a maintenance grant of €3,025.

[broken link removed]

Thank you

Back