Susi and AVC Pension Contributions

sanddy

Hi,
Applied for SUSI grant in 2023 the tax year 2022. Spouse and I did AVC to pension for 2022 in 2023. SUSI did not allow the deduction of the AVC.
Below is what was received back from Susi.
Question is the amount of the AVC for 2022 but paid in 2023 can that be used for Susi grant this year as will not appear in 2023 SOL?

Thank you.
1713604124967.png

My guess is yes

So 2 things are happening

Whilst revenue may permit the tax relief on contributions made in 2023 in respect of 2022,

..... Susi are stating they don't accept it for the earnings assessment as the payment was made in a different year

, that's their T&C's and tax relief rules dont matter

Whilst it will not appear on a SOL for 2023,

I think the key piece for SUSI is WHEN the payment was made (hence why it was declined for 2022 because it was paid in 2023)

Therefore , A payment receipt / AVC certificate for the payment made in 2023 from the provider should be sufficient for a 2023 claim id guess

Otherwise , it makes absolutely no sense

My guess is yes

So 2 things are happening

Whilst revenue may permit the tax relief on contributions made in 2023 in respect of 2022,

..... Susi are stating they don't accept it for the earnings assessment as the payment was made in a different year

, that's their T&C's and tax relief rules dont matter

Whilst it will not appear on a SOL for 2023,

I think the key piece for SUSI is WHEN the payment was made (hence why it was declined for 2022 because it was paid in 2023)

Therefore , A payment receipt / AVC certificate for the payment made in 2023 from the provider should be sufficient for a 2023 claim id guess

Otherwise , it makes absolutely no sense

Back