Support group for - Pacemaker fitted - Young Teenage Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipibo

A friends daughter has recently had a Pacemaker fitted - She is a Young Teenage Girl.

I was wondering if anyone knew of Online - In Person support groups that may assist her in transitioning and moving forward.

Any other ideas / suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A friends daughter has recently had a Pacemaker fitted - She is a Young Teenage Girl.

I was wondering if anyone knew of Online - In Person support groups that may assist her in transitioning and moving forward.

Any other ideas / suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Maybe try the Irish Heart Foundation or the family social worker/ liason worker linked to the hospital that she had the procedure done in.

I know Crumlin have a lot of supports for parents (pre-covid not sure what is in place now) and ran programmes specifically for children around juvenile arthritis so I'm sure there is something suitable for heart conditions. From personal experience read everything before letting a young child read it and take away parts not appropriate to their age at that time, they don't need to he worrying about things that might/ might not happen 10 to 20 years down the line, it's enough for parents to process. Wishing her the very best of health for the future.

I had a defibrillator fitted last June, it also encompasses a pace maker. I didn't join any support groups, even though there is one for patients like myself. I find that some people can see problems that don't really exist at all in groups like this, this sometimes leads to worry, etc, for others that doesn't really happen at all. There really is nothing at all for her to worry about, but here's a link if you think it will help. Remember what I said though.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back