Sunday Times Subaru competition - password?

DrMoriarty

I seem to have mislaid last week's copy; don't suppose anyone could oblige with the second password for their win-a-Subaru competition (printed in the "Business & Money" section)?

I don't have time to test-drive the car at my nearest participating dealer... ;)

Have them all at home to check later, I know one was "Japan", theres 4 in total but only 3 needed. Naturally the car is mine!

Didn't think solicitors liked getting their boots dirty, maybe thats hands though!

"Sophisticated" was another password, I actually checked the form this morning before leaving the house but I can't seem to remember 3 separate words for more than an hour, but I do have a 10 month old who was determined to chat to us for an hour at 3am.

Cheers, Dave - those two and 'sensual' will do me!

I'm glad you enjoyed that little chat. 10-month-olds tend to view life with admirable clarity; why would (s)he sit there and let you sleep when (s)he could be telling you so many important things...?! :D

spoilsport and warped minded as I am I would find it incredible if the ST gave away a car to an ROI winner when they same prize would cost them at least €10,000 less if it went to a GB address, or am I just cynical?

You could well be, cuchulainn... (i.e right, or just cynical...)

Encouraged by having won a freebie set of (nicely bound) Encycopaedia Brittanica a few years ago, I'm always inclined to bang off a free entry to any of the more obscure competitions run by large-circulation papers.

One of my favourites - a few years ago - used to be the ST Travel section competition, but they eventually decided that RoI entrants weren't eligible (according to the Gaming & Lotteries Act, c. 1960-whatever...?)

I'd presume that in this, as in all things, a worthy publication like the ST would be guided (if at all) by the principle of profit. So if they're looking to boost their RoI circulation and a photo of a happy shining Oirish housewife would be grist to that mill, I'd be delighted to accept (on behalf of my happy shining Oirish wife! ;)) their brand-new, £35-big-ones Subaru how's-your-father...

Watch this space - and the Buy & Sell.... :D

used to look at that travel one too but the only place I recognised was Belfast. One of my work colleagues has won a few bottle of brandy in their crossword, and a cross pen too once I think. I would be less cynical if the prize was for a fixed amount rather than the actual car. Looking forward to see Mrs M's happy face looking back some Sunday.

Another one remembered today DrM, "spirit", may be of use to others as you have your required 3.

Have to agree with your view on 10 month olds, he obviously wasn't winning his debate with his various stuffed opponents and figured real live ones would be an easier target, thankfully his nocturnal ramblings don't happen very often.

Hope Cuchulainn hasn't put the mockers on ME winning my car!

DaveD said:
he obviously wasn't winning his debate with his various stuffed opponents and figured real live ones would be an easier target, thankfully his nocturnal ramblings don't happen very often.

11 month olds do the same thing............yawn!

Back