Suggestions for removing deodorant marks/stains from underarm area of shirts - those whitey/grey blotches :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Passport1

Anyone got any tried and tested way for removing deodorant marks/stains from underarm area of shirts - those whitey/grey blotches

Have a couple of good shirts that cant seem to get rid of these marks from :-(

• Have tried soaking them in vanish before washing them - no joy
  • Tried soaking them in white vinegar before washing them - no joy there either

Anyone got any suggestions for this that works for you?
Thanks

Anyone got any tried and tested way for removing deodorant marks/stains from underarm area of shirts - those whitey/grey blotches

Have a couple of good shirts that cant seem to get rid of these marks from :-(

• Have tried soaking them in vanish before washing them - no joy
  • Tried soaking them in white vinegar before washing them - no joy there either

Anyone got any suggestions for this that works for you?
Thanks
Any use?

I had the same problem with all my work shirts. Normally caused by the deodorant I soaked them overnight in Vanish Oxi-action and that worked. I'm surprised it didn't work for you.
Once I had them white again I switched to Pitrock crystal deoderant, which doesn't cause the stains. It does allow you to sweat through, but stops the bacteria from forming that cause the smell. And lasts forever.

I had this problem and nothing could remove these stains, not even dry cleaning.

I then tried various deoderant products thst promised no more stains, these didn't work.

In the end the only preventative measure was to wear white v neck tshirts underneath the shirts. This works very well.

I find it is more the crustiness it leaves in the area rather than marks. I have still to find any solutions apart from bining/recycling.

Try a good spray of elbow grease ( can get in cleannng section of mr price or dealz - yellow bottle) before washing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back